Friday, May 28, 2010

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

This post is dedicated to an incredible individual; he was a husband, father, friend, mentor, role model and so much more to so many people. We'll miss you, Chuck. His sudden passing has left so many shocked and asking why.

I have taken from this tragic situation a ray of light, which I believe would make Chuck happy. I have realized something that is often told to us, but not so often lived. Perhaps you have heard this before, but "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why we call it the present - Babatunde Olatunji." I think that is a new concept to truly live by.

If you were to stop and analyze your day, what part, or parts, of it would you be proud to say you did? What memories would you leave with loved ones? What have you left undone?

So with that in mind, I'm making a change. This is my summer. I've already decided to make a health change, but now I'm doing a complete overhaul. I will be living more, loving freely, and laughing often.

It can't be hard to stop and realize, this is it. You aren't guaranteed anything more than this second...
What's your legacy?

P.S. This is my signature music video to tie it all together <3

No comments:

Post a Comment