Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dress Rehearsal

Hello, hello, hello!
I cannot believe how long it has been and how terribly I have neglected this blog that I adore so much. Don't worry world, I haven't forgotten that you need saving!

As you have probably figured out through previous blogs, I one hundred percent believe in the power of love. And I believe that love comes in all forms and from a variety of sources.

There's the love of a family member, a friend, a partner, a song, an outfit, a snack, anything. I used to think that love and happiness were intertwinned. If you didn't have love in your life, you couldn't be happy. And I more or less still think that, but I also think that the loss of love doesn't mean you're unhappy, because as I said, there are often multiple sources of love.

I've come to really see the value of my friends; how much I depend on them, and how much they depend on me. I have a friend who reminds me I'm beautiful, one who will always tell me the truth, one who keeps me in check, one who is reliable, one who I can laugh with, and one who I can tell anything to. Now, imagine having friends who have multiples of these qualities... I can't believe how blessed I am. I figure, I am lucky enough to have all these beautifully, kind, and wonderful people in my life, that support me through absolutely everything, that I can answer the phone at 2am, or go for a late night drive, or miss my favourite show. Because those are moments that you can't get back, and those are things that people remember. I know that I can remember everytime someone has been there for me...and everytime someone hasn't. And based on those memories, I know who to call, and who will call me, and I'm so OK with that <3

So this is a "thank you" to every friend out there. Not just my friends, but anyone who is a friend to someone. You have truly made a difference in someone's life, and you really are valued.

I encourage you to love and be loved and to share your love, because it is such a great feeling.
Court xox



"At this moment there are 6,819,199,228 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just not facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world, six billion souls. And sometimes... all you need is one." - Peyton, One Tree Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment